Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Thanks for taking my question, I own a 2009 Insignia CDTI

Customer Question

Hello and thanks for taking my question, I own a 2009 Insignia CDTI 160 bhp . It has done about 110k miles and around 3 months ago developed a loss of power up hill under gentle acceleration causing the car to go in to limp mode. Diagnoseed as fault code 0243 (turbo overboost). I used loads of turbo cleaner products and it seemed to improve but today the car has lost power in all gears and struggles to go up hill at all. The engine management light isn't coming on so I don't know what to do next, I would be grateful for any advice.
Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It seems constant now . It doesn't clear if you stop and restart the engine. sorry about my slow typing
Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Vauxhall?
Customer: 2.0l diesel CDTI SRI
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to take it to our local garage but they seem a bit vague. Just tried lots of turbo cleaner so far
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so thank you
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

Id suggest based on previous experiance with boost problems on the engines..is to check the turbo boost control valve..this sits at the front of the engine just on the slam panel within the engine bay..follow the vaccum lines and inspec them and then you come to the control sensor itself..if its roasting hot to touch after the engines been runa while or with the ignition on..then its 100% faulty and just replace the sensor..2 bolts hold it in place...so worth checking that..have replaced a fair few of these sensor that cause over and under boost conditions..hope this helps