Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My insignia engine management light comes on intermittently

My insignia engine management light comes on intermittently the car looses power then goes into limp mode ,get home next time I drive everything ok then will start again
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Orange engine management
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Insignia eco flex 2liter(###) ###-####Assistant: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No have booked into a garage but I would like to have a better idea of what is wrong
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi.there..

There are so many variables with regards ***** ***** engine management light.it would be difficult to to say exactly the kind of fault you have..the power loss issue will be limp home mode which is restricted power...your garage should at the very first instance hook a scanner to the car and see what fault codes are logged in the ecu before taking steps to investigate or replace anything.. if its a 2.0 cdti 160bhp engine you have then its possible you either have clogged EGR or turbo boost fault..but you'll only know for sure once you have the fault codes listed..you can let me know what these are and can help further..hope this helps