Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Vauxhall Combo Van. Car breaks down and refuses to start

Customer Question

Vauxhall Combo Van. Car breaks down and refuses to start after 20 - 30 miles. EDU fuel pump sent tested/repaired by vauxhall. problem still persists. crankshaft sensor and fuel filter replaced. still breaks down after 20 -30 miles. Garage unable to find problem as no error codes on systems. Small leakage reported from fuel pump/turbo sensor.
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Injectors replaced last year.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an internal fault with the engine control module computer needing to be replaced.If it is heating up and failing or acting up intermittently it can cause this issue.It is also common for the computer to not set any fault codes for itself failing.I would try tapping on the computer when the fault occurs to see if it then starts right up.If it does then it will need to be replaced.If this is or was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete