Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Vauxhall insignia 1.6 tdi and when I turn off the

Customer Question

I have a Vauxhall insignia 1.6 tdi and when I turn off the ignition the display screen and brake light stays on
Can you help?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself or an ignition relay at fault needing replaced.These can short out internally causing this fault here.If you have not had these checked for any issues this needs to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete