Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Vauxhall zafyra cooling fan running by itself. we left car

Customer Question

Hi, vauxhall zafyra cooling fan running by itself. we left car off this morning and came back and found fan running by itself. dont even know when it started
Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no they not corroded. we just disconected battery to save it
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: vauxhall zafyra elite cdti 2009 1910cc diesel
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, we just bought car last weekend, have driven saturday, sunday, all ok. it happened during the day today
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the cooling fan control relay stuck on.I have seen several fan relays fail in the past before needing to be replaced for this issue here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete