Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Vauxhall zafira "life" 54 reg, type A exclamation on

Customer Question

Vauxhall zafira "life" 54 reg, type A exclamation mark on instrment panel near temperature guauge....what does it mean please?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

that warning light sounds like the brake warning light?

so 1st thing to do is check the fluid level in the reservoir as if its low or the level switch is stuck then this will turn on the light

The light will also come on for a low brake pad level as there should be wires in the pads that are exposed when the pads are worn down to the minimum

And the warning light will flash on vehicles with an automated manual transmission when engine is turned off and the parking brake is not applied. Light will also flash if the driver’s door is open, if no gear has been selected and the handbrake is not applied.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

the brake warning light looks like this?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt