Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 63 plate 2.0 insignia had a fault code p2428 that

Customer Question

My 63 plate 2.0 insignia had a fault code p2428 that appeared randomly before xmas putting the car into limp mode Clearing the code worked and the car drove fine for x amount of miles and then coded again, I did a DPF regen using opcom and moved some wires under the engine and it has driven fine until last week when it started the same problem again it started after i stopped to fill the coolant level, the code reapers anywhere between 2 mins and 1 hour, i have tested the Exhaust temp sensor and it is fine, two other strange faults started at the same time, the outside temp is reading between 16 and 30 degrees, and the cabin heater is only hot on the high setting, im not really sure where to start looking for a reason i have done a regen and it didnt fix the problem, currently i just reset the code while driving but its a little annoying.
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have now checked the Exhaust sensor, there is 5v disconnected and at idle 1.2v when connected the read out on Vaux comm only shows 0.06v (assume that is a software glitch,
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If you no longer need help post a simple reply to let me know.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here since your question has been sitting for so long.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is a fault with the outside temp sensor itself this can cause an issue like this with the temp sensor needs to be replaced.It will also cause codes to set as the computer will try to operate richer when colder outside or leaner when hot outside which can cause other issues.I would have the outside temp sensor checked for any issues and replaced as needed then clear all codes and see if the issue continues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete