Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Ive had a new flywheel and clutch fitted After fitting the

Customer Question

Ive had a new flywheel and clutch fitted After fitting the van started but would not keep running Now it wont start at all
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

this sounds like you may have damaged the crank sensor or the flywheel hasn't been fitted in the right position

can you tell me the make, model and year please so I can advise further

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vauxhall combo 2005 1300 diesel
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

OK the crank sensor is located at the flywheel end and I suspect that its been damaged

or the flywheel has been bolted up in the incorrect position ( there should be a dowel on the flywheel to the crank ) this orientates the flywheel so the missing teeth are in the right spot

so I'd begin by replacing the crank sensor

Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt