Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a Vauxhall corsa d.2007 Assistant: What is the model

Customer Question

hi i have a Vauxhall corsa d.2007
Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Vauxhall?
Customer: the cooling fan comes on hours after the engine is turned off then the battery goes flat by the morning
Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: its a new battery and fault still happens
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had to get the vehicle reprogrammed yesterday because the flashing spanner light came on and would not start had to get recovered
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

The fans are controlled by the temperature gauge sender unit on top of the water pump via the engine ECU

so for them to suddenly come on either there's a wiring issue on the relay socket , or a faulty relay or a faulty sensor

most likely is the fan relay itself is switching when it shouldn't so I'd say to pull it out and fit a new one as they are only a few pounds

the relay should be in the engine bay fusebox and marked up on the lid as to what relay is what