sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2010 Vauxhall zafira. Central locking problem that occurred

Customer Question

2010 Vauxhall zafira. Central locking problem that occurred suddenly today. Locking is fine but unlocking is not. Both key fobs sound as if they’ve unlocked everything but only the rear hatch and the petrol cap actually unlock 100% of the time. Drivers door and rear passenger door on same side unlock sometimes. Both nearside doors never unlock. Using the button inside the car, again locking works fine but unlocking with the button makes the right noise but no doors unlock. Any ideas?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. I am returning to the platform.

Dear customer, this problem you described is caused for the central locking ECU or the mechanic central locking, the firts one is eletronical and the second one is mechanical, if you already tried to reprogram the central locking with the manual as you indicate me, i think the most prudent i can recommend you is to check the ECU, by first checking it with a diagnosis automotive scanner to dismiss the error codes that may be the root of your problem. After that, you should check wheter or not the ECU is receiving electricity. Once we have checked all these system and watch their are ok, we now proceed to do a mechanical check to the system. To do it, we should take off the doors upholstery to check the system.
i want to highlight that there is another way to reprogram the central locking and it is by the automotive scanner tool. And reprogramming most of the times fix the problem.

Is there anything else i could help you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave.