sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My insignia 10 plate tdci Sri is not accelerating properly

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any dealy.
Dear customer, would you tell me please. what have you tried so far and whne was the las time you did maintenance to the throttle body system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’ve only just bought it but it’s due a service

Dear customer, sorry for my delay i had some personal issues yesterday.

Dear customer, How many miles have your car? What kind of fuel does it use? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
7600 Miles diesel

Dear customer, There are several factors that might be causing your problem, from my position is hard to give you an exact diagnostic, but I will proceed to cover the points you must check

1) The fuel pump, It is normal that over time the fuel pump will start to lose their working pressure and from one moment to another stop sending fuel causing the vehicle to shuts down or lost its power, this normally occurs when the pumps overheat, the pump may simply require a maintenance on the rail and change the filters intern and external to the fuel tank
2) Problems with the coil and the CKP sensor, the CKP sensor manage the spark in the coil according with the time. when this sensor is defective the coil does not send spark. But what could have been happening, this sensor is working but for some reason is not sending the signal to the coil in some determine moment. The coil might be overheating.

3) Throttle body. The Throttle body is responsible for demanding air to the cylinder to occurs the combustion normally. You should also check the TPS sensor which is the sensor in charge of controlling the acceleration in the throttle body and might be that is suddenly losing its signal.
4) Another important aspect to review is the electrical aspect, in general not only the sensory parts mentioned,.
Make an exhaustive review of the exhaust system, check that you do not have fluid losses and that all sensors are in good condition.

system? If you have a lot of time proceed to replace the filters first and perform a maintenance to the fuel rail, if the problem persists I recommend you to make an in-depth check thoroughly starting with the pressure regulator looking if it is not sticking because of the dirt, besides it is a good idea to disassemble the injection pump and perform a maintenance including all the injectors.
7) Check the air admission system, you must perform maintenance to it too.
8) I also do not want that you leave aside the engine and examine the compression in the cylinders (it must be high and equal for all), because it is quite necessary to maintain a good combustion and a good functioning of the engine.

Dear customer, these are the main factors that you must review to diagnose your vehicle but my main recommendation is that before doing any work. Rule out the error codes with an automotive scanner with the vauxhall software, this could save you a lot of work, money and a lot of effort with only 5 minutes with this tool, you can have a more accurate diagnose of your vehicle. The error codes must be delete and then scan again if any error codes is showed again, you must check this areas the scan shows in order to dismiss and sorted out the problem with the topics i mentioned before.

Dear customer, Is there anything else i could help you?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, please let me know even after you rate, i can keep helping you.
Thank you very much.