sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 1.3cdti Vauxhall combo 2010. It starts fine when

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1.3cdti Vauxhall combo 2010 . It starts fine when cold but then after been run for half hour or so after trying to re start it it turns over quick enough but doesn’t fire up until after 30 seconds or so
Kev
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Would you tell me please the mileage and what are the last maintenances you have done?
In addition, the car use diesel, doesn't it?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The mileage is 160000 and it has been serviced regularly
Yeah it is a 1.3cdti diesel
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks

Dear customer, Let me explain a little about this.

As you may well understand a diesel engine needs four components necessary for its good ignition:

1) A high compression of the cylinders.

2) A high fuel pressure.

3) Good air inlet and high temperature in the cylinders.

4) A good performance of glow plugs preheating the diesel.

I recommend you verify the following aspects:

-when the vehicle is hot and does not want to turn on. Open the injector to verify that good diesel pressure is coming out.
-check the relays of the fuel pump located in the fuse box and relays under the engine compartment and under the dashboard.
- After this, proceed to perform a good maintenance of the fuel system, not only to replace the filters, if the vehicle has a good mileage, I recommend you to consider disassembling the injection pump to carry out a good maintenance, it also includes the injectors.

- These failures are a bit complex to verify since they only happen when the vehicle components are hot, and they work differently when it has low temperatures for example the ckp sensor or crankshaft sensor when the vehicle is hot, it can get to present problems so I recommend you also verify it.

-It is necessary at this time to perform maintenance on the PCV valve and the EGR.

Have you understood dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. because in that way you help me grow in the platform and if you wish you can let a comment for the service and perhaps a tip for expert.
Even after you rate, we can keep in touch to further queries in this chat.
Regards, Sebastian.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian