experteer
experteer,
77184159

Corsa automatic stays in P on dashboard whatever position

Corsa automatic stays in P on dashboard whatever position gearstick is in & wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Battery is fine, had the neutral switch taken off & cleaned but didn't make any difference
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 2007 1400 corsa d
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only cleaned the neutral switch, haven't taken it to a Vauxhall dealer as they quoted £600 for new neutral switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

If the workshop has diagnosed the part as defective, you will unfortunately not be able to avoid exchanging the part.

The part will always cause you no problems. The price is very expensive, I know, but unfortunately the part is only original.

The only thing you can do is to buy a used part on Ebay. The Vauxhall dealer can give you the right part number, so you can buy the right part.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.