sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2016 fuel guage works intermittently goes to full then

Customer Question

my 2016 adam fuel guage works intermittently goes to full then back down to empty sometimes stays at full for a time this is with a full tank
JA: Are you fixing your Adam yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: will fix myself problem only started while on holiday last week
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes all ok
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ive heard this is a common fault on adams any ideas
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, Could you tell me what vauxhall model do you have? And if it is only the problem with the fuel gauge?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jose
The only problem is the fuel guage which registers full occasionally it stays on full for a few minutes then goes down to empty slowly this is when I have filled up the tank at the moment it is showing empty all the time although the tank is nearly full
Cheers Keith

Hello Keith, I apolgy for my delay.

Dear customer, it is most likely due to the floating fuel gauge which is attached to the pump inside the floating fuel tank. Simply a level meter which gives an electrical signal through the wiring to the dashboard but often these meters They can suffer problems are not the mechanism that raises and lowers the level but in the connectors or wiring causing bad communication in the signals.

For this reason, I recommend you first verify the connections that reach the fuel pump and if all are correct disassemble the pump and verify the state of the floating. The bad thing is that this float is not achieved separately but you must buy the entire pump to solve this fault.

As the indicator on the board is going up and down without problems, I did not consider it a problem in the dashboard as such, so i focuse on the fact that you should strictly verify the fuel pump located in the tank. There might be the problem.

Have you understood me dear customer?