experteer
experteer,
77184159

I’ve got a Zafria 1.9cdti 120bhp and the EML came one so I

Hello I’ve got a Zafria b 1.9cdti 120bhp and the EML came one so I did the pedal test and two codes came up one is the brake light switch the other is 227956 which is saying egr valve but I only changed the egr about 4 months ago
Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: im Not sure as it’s not my car
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Zafria b and 07
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve just given it the pedal test and was just checking to see what the fault codes were
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It only seems to be losing power on low end talk

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Error code 227956 does not necessarily mean that the EGR valve is defective.

It merely indicates that there is an air leak somewhere. Often it is the EGR valve, but not always. Check the intake manifold between air filter and manifold for leaks.

If this is ok, carefully open the oil filler cap while the engine is running. There must be a slight overpressure (be careful there might be some oil splashing and the engine starts to stutter). If there is so much negative pressure on the engine that you do not get the cover off at all, the crankcase vent valve must be replaced.

If this check is also ok, then the MAF sensor must be replaced.

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. This helps me build my reputation. Your rating benefits the experts that use their time to respond to customers. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But if it was the air mass sensor then the car would idle rough and it doesn’t
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can I check for leaks I don’t have a smoke tester

No, this is not correct, in case of a defect of the air mass sensor the performance is limited, but the engine runs normally and not rough, not even at idle speed.

There is CO2 leak detection spray. With this you spray along the intake tract. If there is a leak, the engine starts stuttering when you spray this spot.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
by crank case vent valve is that the black pcv valve
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thanks for that I will try and get some

Yeah, that's what's on the line going from the engine to the intake manifold.