experteer
experteer,
77184159

Vauxhall Astra Mk6 Automatic. I am sometimes unable to

Customer Question

Vauxhall Astra Mk6 Automatic. I am sometimes unable to remove the ignition key when the vehicle is in park and have to move the gear change back and forth several times to be able to remove the key. what is the cause of this problem?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  experteer replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

If the key is released after the selector lever has been moved back and forth several times, there is something wrong with the mechanism of the selector lever.

A workshop should clean the mechanism of the gear lever and oil it a little. Then everything should work again.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.