Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I have an vauxhall Insigna from 2014 whith a r300 color

Customer Question

Hello I have an vauxhall Insigna from 2014 whith a r300 color radio or r400 .i was running a flat battery and a friend ghive me power whith cables.when i turn on the car the radio is not turning on anymore whith speakers and parking sensors not working.
I try to change all the entertainment fuses on the car whith new ones but still nothing any advice?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  CarDoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 1 year ago.

Did you check all the infotainment fuses in all compartments? There are many fuse relating to the headunit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i check them whith an volting meter and they looking fine
Expert:  CarDoc replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest testing for power at the connector for the infotainment head unit, if there is no power, then you will have a blown fuse somewhere. You have 3 fuse compartments and they all contain fuses for the infotainment system, the parking sensor fuses are in the boot fuse compartment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well aparently i was need to disconect the battery and replug it again to a propre restart nkw is working
Expert:  CarDoc replied 1 year ago.

The firmware on the head unit must have crashed, similar to what happens with mobile phones, so it requires a restart. Glad you got it sorted though.

Thank you for using JA