experteer
experteer,
77184159

Bit of surface rust got on clutch pressure plate as on

Bit of surface rust got on clutch pressure plate as on photograph going to clean it off with wire wool. Going to fit inlet and exhaust manifold using gaskets without using sealant.Going to tighten inlet manifold to cylinder head to 20 n m and exhaust manifold to cylinder head to 12 n m. I have tighten cylinder head bolts first stage 25 n m second 90 third 90 fourth 90 fifth 45 I have used elring cylinder head gasket it says on instructions warm to 80 can i do this without water and anifreeze in. It says loosen and tighten each bolt then relaxation time then terque angle how do i do this. How do i know car is at 80c There is rust etc on exhaust where gasket fits should i clean this rust and white off or leave it.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Clutch pressure plate photograph added and elring gasket instructions and exhaust added

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

As far as the sealing surface of the exhaust is concerned, it looks very good if you then insert the gasket, it should be tight.

The clutch is ok, the rust doesn't do anything, it's just to open the clutch, not to stick the coating to the flywheel. If this is ok the clutch can be used.

As far as the instructions for the cylinder head screws are concerned, you have probably misunderstood something.

Where you read "Warm-up to 80°" this is only the explanation of the signs above. Likewise the screws are not loosened again after these instructions, that is likewise only the explanation for the signs further above.

The instructions state that you must proceed as follows:

Tightening with 25Nm

Then tighten all screws with 90° angle.

Re-tighten with 90° angle

Re-tighten with 90° angle (90° angle is a quarter turn of the screw).

Finally tighten again with 45° angle

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I used a angle gauge to 90 angle did not watch that i turned bolt quarter of turn

If you have used the angle gauge, the screw has also turned a quarter turn, you can be sure of that.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If i used a angle gauge like shown in photograph

Yeah, that's okay.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have you read gasket instuctions i sent you dsc00298

Yes

As far as the instructions for the cylinder head screws are concerned, you have probably misunderstood something.Where you read "Warm-up to 80°" this is only the explanation of the signs above. Likewise the screws are not loosened again after these instructions, that is likewise only the explanation for the signs further above. The instructions state that you must proceed as follows: Tightening with 25NmThen tighten all screws with 90° angle.Re-tighten with 90° angleRe-tighten with 90° angle (90° angle is a quarter turn of the screw).Finally tighten again with 45° angle