Steve
Steve, Vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

2015 MOKKA AUTOMATIC HAS MANUAL SHIFT WITH BUTTON ON TOP OF

Customer Question

2015 MOKKA AUTOMATIC HAS MANUAL SHIFT WITH BUTTON ON TOP OF STICK CAN I SELECT ANY TIME
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: EVERYTHING OK JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO USE
JA: Are you fixing your Mokka yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: BOUGHT LAST WEEK DIDNT NOTICE MANUAL SELECT NOT SURE HOW TO USE
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO JUST THAT THANKS
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified technician with over thirty years in the trade, Hopefully I can help you.

The button on top of the gear can be used when the shift lever is in the M position indicating manual mode, this can be done at any time, once the lever is in the M position the button on the top of the lever can be pressed up or down to change gear, if the cars computer feels the shift is out of the allowed parameters the shift will not take place and a warning message may be seen on the dash panel.

When the shift lever is in the M position, the automatic function will not operate and the car will stay in the gear selected and not shift up, it will shift down when coming to a stop.

You should not use the accelerator while moving the lever to the M position or while moving back to the D position.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further questions. if this does answer your question please click accept and rate me this allows me to continue. Even after you have done this I can answer further questions, I hope you enjoy your Mokka its a nice car

Many Thanks

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick follow up to see how you got on changing gear in your Mokka

Steve