experteer
experteer,
77184159

55000 miles 1.2 auto about 5years old 63 numberplate? 1.2

55000 miles 1.2 auto about 5years old 63 numberplate?
JA: What is the model of your '63 Vauxhall?
Customer: 1.2 auto not sure xe?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: car serviced through vauxhall approved and known garage. nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: auto gearbox is banging hard on final gear change up at high speed and is getting worse
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: no noise. the gearbox change up makes the car vibrate through gearbox as change mechanism seems to jar

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok please continue

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

What Model ist your Vauxhall? ( Corsa, Astra, ...)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
agila se
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please call 7pm Monday 14th October

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately I do not offer a telephone service. The money will be returned to you within the next few days.

Your consideration with the mechanism that changes the gears is already correct, either it jams, is adjusted, or the clutch no longer separates cleanly.

Often it is only a matter of training the so-called actuator (this is the device that takes over the clutch and shifting). A workshop can teach the actuator again. It then learns again where the individual gears are and where the grinding point of the clutch is.

If this does not help, the clutch must be checked by the workshop and replaced if necessary. If the clutch is ok, the actuator and the gearbox must be examined more closely, whereby it must be said that the actuators are very often the cause. This would then have to be replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

experteer,
Experience: