sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I can lower it fine but it won’t finish closing then the

Customer Question

I can lower it fine but it won’t finish closing then the boot will not open and will have an alarm overb20 mph
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: it’s getting damp inside yes new battery all fuses checked been on a laptop no electrical fault
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Astra twintoo 2008
Assistant: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive got a Vauxhall trained electrician on it so far changed window control buttons in arm rest checked all wiring no breaks
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s driving me and him insane
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you checked the route of the boot to see if it is not blocked or bended in any form?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yes everything says that the roof should work but it just won’t finish locking the roof down

Thanks for your reply.

Dear customer, this roof problem is your car are quite common.

So, i will give you some advise of what we should check.

In the cabin the roof opening switch above head, check if it lits up when lights on. Took apart and check for loose connection or wires splitted or corroded to correct it.

At the trunk, pressing the boot lid button on when trunk open, you sould hear sound like motor spins on the right for few seconds, if it is not the case or it stops sounding, the cause may be the flap motor. On the parcel shelf break and stop the roof in its track's. there's a plastic worm gear inside which tend wear, these can be replaced.

The third issue is the wiring loom which runs down the n/s tail gate hinge, it has several wires inside which break from constant flexing, these can be repaired as well.

As you can see there are several causes that can cause this problem, but the best way to save money and time is to proceed with a diagnostic scan to rule out where the fault comes from exactly, if it is the wiring or the flap motor for example. In anyway check the wiring first as it is the most common cause.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.

Did you solve your problem?

Is there anything else i could help you?

Also, please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen

​Regards, Sebastian