Nathan B
Nathan B, Nvq3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

I unlocked my 1999 Vectra using the fob and opened the door

Customer Question

I unlocked my 1999 Vectra using the fob and opened the door normally I then closed the door for a few minutes without locking the car. On my return the drivers door only was locked. Repeated operation of the key in the key-hole and the fob failed to unlock it. The inner latch is also firmly locked. Any ideas please?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Its fine and the problem is not cured using the key in the keyhole.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Vauxhall?
Customer: Vectra 2.0 l CDX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only tried repeated locking/unlocking with both fob and key and also putting some WD40 in the keyhole. No improvement.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mechanic, consulted by telephone, has no idea for solution of the problem and suggested this site.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Gavin can I help you with this ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I unlocked my 1999 Vectra using the fob and opened the door normally I then closed the door for a few minutes without locking the car. On my return the drivers door only was locked. Repeated operation of the key in the key-hole and the fob failed to unlock it. The inner latch is also firmlylocked. Any ideas please?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Its fine and the problem is not cured using the key in the keyhole.
JA: What is the model of your '99 Vauxhall?
Customer: Vectra 2.0 l CDX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only tried repeated locking/unlocking with both fob and key and also putting some WD40 in the keyhole. No improvement.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mechanic, consulted by telephone, has no idea for solution of the problem and suggested this site.

I take it will not open from inside the car ?