Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2015 vauxhall corsa (automatic). Recently when I

Hi all. I have a 2015 vauxhall corsa (automatic). Recently when I accelerate I notice that periodically the car shudders and seems like something is slipping... This only happens on the lower gears 20 - 40mph. Once I get past this spread the car changes gear as usual. Any advice?
Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 4 years old. How do I check the fuel filters?
Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Vauxhall?
Customer: Corsa
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

Any warning lights come up at all on the dash since or prior to the issue?

How do you mean shudders,does it do this at stationary? like a vibration or the car bunny hopping on take off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Robert. The check engine light came on for about 60 seconds on Tuesday as I was trying to accelerate. It pulls off fine and from 0 - 35 mph the car changes gear fine. It shudders at 36/37mph (lie it doesn't have power) I have to take my foot off the accelerator let the revs come down a bit then accelerate again and only then does it accelerate... Does the same at 55/56 mph... I let the revs come down then it seems to accelerate fine with no shuddering etc. Sorry not the best description

Right ok...

Normally with these transmissions they have their own ecu if you like..you dont mention if its the semi automatic easy tronic..they will always put up and F warning on the dash if the easytronic motors are failing or not changing gears..mechanically other then the easytronic side they dont give much issue,as long as the oils changed in them every 40,000...Do you have code reader at all? if you can plug it in and then drive it to see if you can replicate the fault or see if the check engine light comes on then refresh your code reader still pluged in of course,but dont cycle the ignition as you may wipe the fault from the ecu and restart and see what codes are set..that way you'll get a little insight into what type of fault it is or idea...to me petrol i asume? check engine light it likely to be engine related..maybe a igntion coil breaking down..isnt uncommon to come across on corsa's of that generation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Ryan. Apparently it's a Hydra-Matic Automatic Transmission. I've plugged the reader in and tried to simulate the conditions... But the check engine light is not coming on. The oils were changed in Jan and since then I've only driven about 10k miles. Sorry, yes it's a petrol. If it is the engine coil... Is this something I can do myself or do I need to take it in?

Yes easytronic (automated manual ) the ignition coil is easy..lift the engine cover off..coil underneath.2 hex/allen bolts..one multiplug at the right hand side of the coil..pull the coil pack out..the coil serves all cylinders...but its best in my opinion to try and get te fault the surfae..the coil pack isnt the cheapest of things..certainly if not backed up with evidence as and when the engine light comes on and having the codes..you could of course pull the coil pack out and inspect the inside the rubberboots on the end of the coil..taking care not to loose the small springs inside,as they serve to allow the voltage from the coil reach the spark plugs..seen alot of corsa's build up powdery white residue inside them or oil or even water filling the sparkplug tubes..might be something to look at?