Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I removed relays today and as they have same code on them I

Customer Question

i removed relays today and as they have same code on them I moved them around as my wipers have packed in so a thought a would tinker with the relays as I'm not jenned up on this sort of thing ...all fuses are fine so anyway when a went to lock van by fob the hazards flashed as normal but central locking didn't work ...will it need resetting now
Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No a don't have one ...was working fine till a fiddled with relays
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti 08 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected battery for a while but no joy ...I've no idea what next lol
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay in answering. My name is Steve and i am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

The central locking should not need reseting. I have attached a diagram showing the relays and the relays for the central locking are number 3: drivers door locking 4:deadlocking 5: central locking unlock 6: central locking - locking

Relays 1 & 2 are showing as empty, I would check that you have the four locking relays in the correct position, it is easy when swapping relays around to end up with the relays in different positions.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further details.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue. Even after you have clicked accept you can continue to ask further questions on the matter.

Once again sorry for the delay in replying.

Many Thanks

Steve