experteer
experteer,
77184159

Ive got a vauxhall corsa vxr when the car is warm it seems

Customer Question

Hi ive got a vauxhall corsa vxr when the car is warm it seems like its missing slightly not much but i can feel it and hear it through the exhaust note changes i can figure out what it could be
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

Is there a warning light in the speedometer?
Describe exactly what the problem is, how it feels, how it is noticed, etc.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi thanks for getting back too me no no warning lights.its just when im stationary i can feel a slight judder like a misfire and vibration and you can hear it as the exhaust note changes if that makes sense
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

I wouldn't tie that to the exhaust. The exhaust pipes have internal membranes for a sporty sound. The sound changes when I warm up.

But if you feel a slight shaking it can be a hiwneis for occasional misfires, I would start with the spark plugs, check them visually and change them if necessary. Sometimes the ignition coils are also defective and do not ignite the engine well.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would a vacuum leak cause these symptoms? Ive changed the spark plugs recently
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

Yes that`s possible.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
So how do i test for this please?
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

There are leak detection sprays for engines with which you can spray the intake trunking while the engine is running. If there is a leak, the engine starts to jolt strongly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do you know much about the piston 4 issue with the corsa vxr's
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

That's not the case with your car.

If the piston had a hole, the oil level would rise, because fuel would come into the oil pan, a mixture of oil and fuel would come out of the exhaust and the car would only run on 3 cylinders. or however variant two, if the connecting rod breaks, the piston would come out of the engine with a loud bang. Both would have completely different symptoms.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok i ran a compression test on my vehicle and results were 160 psi across all 4 cylinders but im still getting a missing sound when warm
Expert:  experteer replied 12 days ago.

You could have saved yourself the compression test. As I said in my last answer, the problem with cylinder 4 is excluded.

What came out of the test for leaks in the intake system?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I havent done that yet can you please can you tell me how to do this you said spray it into my air intake system yes?another thing that i thought of was that when i installed the new plugs i didnt check the gap when installing them
Expert:  experteer replied 11 days ago.

No, not in the intake tract, just while the engine is running on the outside.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ive changed my intake pipe to a solid metal intake pipe
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
So do i just spray this spray onto any vacuum pipes that i can see?
Expert:  experteer replied 11 days ago.

yes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  experteer replied 11 days ago.

You´re welcome.

Expert:  experteer replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer Your Experteer