sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

All doors wont unlock except drivers door which only works

Customer Question

all doors wont unlock except drivers door which only works with key
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: vauxhall insignia estate 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: left battery off over night, Engine starts vehicle drives but cant unlock any doors either by remote key forb or using the manual switches in vehilce
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, its like dead locks are jammed on
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes happy to wait
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, when you try to unlock the driver's door with central locking do you hear any kind of noise or the lock doesn't do anyting?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jose, The locks do not do anything on the front or rear passenger doors, however it manually unlocks the drivers door ok.THe engine starts and car drives no problems.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, for what i observed, the problem you are presenting may come from the centralized lockingmodule. The centralized closing module is the module responsible for opening and locking the doors. This is the module that receives the signal from the control or from the internal switch to the Receive the signal the order the doors open or close the lock.

As the doors are not activating, either through the fob or through a manual switch, it is very likely that the problem is only in the module since the system does open and close more manually with the fob not simply replace the battery of the fob and the problem would be solved but in your case if it is not working in either of the two ways, it is necessary to go directly to the module but it does not mean that you have to perform the replacement of the module directly, first verifies that all the fuses under the dashboard they are correct and you do not have any of them burned. There are fuses that cut the power to this central locking system

If all are correct you can proceed to perform the verification of the module, I recommend you that before replacing the module perform a computerized diagnosis to your vauxhall with a diagnostic device that has its software not with a generic obd2 equipment as the equipments with the software have the ability to enter the reading of the centralized closing module and the normal obd2 equipment don't, once you enter the module through the computerized diagnostic equipment first try to restore the factory data of the same module, if this does not correct the problem, verify the connections of the module and if they are correct, there you proceed to replace the module as you will see dear customer in the steps that I give you It does not proceed directly to replace the module but there are some procedures before to reduce the repair costs since a module can always has a considerable value but a fuse not like a diagnosis Computer software are cheap things to do. So this is the first step to do before replacing the module to rule out.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great. Can you advise whee the fuses are under the dash and which fuse number is for central locking module please?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hello dear customer, i apology for my long delay to get back to you.
I had some personal issues but now i'm back.

Dear customer, I was in the search for your model manual but unfortunately I do not own it, so I would not know how to indicate the exact location of this fuse. But do not worry, in the user manual you will find the legend of the location of the fuses, there you can find it.

Anyway at the bottom of the board by the side of the driver and co-driver and on the sides when opening the door you will find the fuse boxes, in the lid of the box you can find this legend too.