sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Car immobiliser alarm going off, Believe the key battery

Customer Question

Car immobiliser alarm going off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Believe the key battery dead, no lights on the dash when key in ignition
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vauxhall zafira 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected the battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no dash lights, radio will go on...other than that i dont know.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I understand your query effectively, the immobilizer can be activated for various reasons, among them, because the lack of energy, the control cannot encode the signal, let me explain how the immobilizer system works:

The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.

When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a short circuit

Without power in the key fob, the immobilizer signal cannot be recognized , the first thing you should do is verify the replacement of the fob's battery, the problem is that when the key fob is discharged it loses energy completely and deprogram, so you have to return to the the programming between immobilizer system and the control which is done through a key programmer equipment, these jobs can be done in any auto locksmith as they work with cutting keys, key programming ignition system programming or with the dealership as are the garages that owns this equipment.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!