experteer
experteer,
77184159

My Astra Vauxhall 2005 size 1.6 easytronic gear box, is

Good evening,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My Astra Vauxhall 2005 size 1.6 easytronic gear box
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: is broken and the mechanic can not fix it
JA: Are you fixing your Astra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but I can not take to a electrician ???? The car was stop working while I was I driving in motorway
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: So stop in emergency bay Turn it off and then restart and it is fine But that is happen again 10 days later and now I can't move it
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
GOOD EVENING
My Astra Vauxhall 2005 size 1.6 easytronic gear box is broken.
For 2 times it was just stop working while I was driving in motorways, I turn it off and then restrat it and it was driving normal.
10 days later the car was slowing down while I was driving uphill and one day it just stop driving at a roundabout
The mechanic could not diagnose it and he said most likely it is an electrical issue
I am not sure whether is the engine oil, gear box oil or clutch actuator ?

Please advice in this problem and I am looking forward to hearing from you

Adam
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

I assume that the gearbox is mechanically ok?

Only the gears do not shift anymore or go out and the car does not drive anymore?

In most cases the actuator of the Easytronic is the cause. It takes over the clutch and shifting at the transmission. These actuators wear out over time, so the sensors detect a position which the software does not provide.

Your mechanic can be tried to relearn the actuator via the workshop tester. If this does not help, the actuator must be replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.