experteer
experteer,
77184159

Engine won’t start, Yes, Vauxhall insignia 2013, Tried

Engine won’t start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Vauxhall insignia 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried jumpstarting it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, warning light on dashboard: oil level low press turn off engine. Engine sometimes starts but can’t accelerate much and then turns off automatically. I check oil level and it has oil

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

So the engine starts, but dies off again a short time later and the oil control burns?

If so, there is no oil pressure. Without oil pressure the engine is not able to run.

Since you have already checked the oil level and the engine has enough oil, it can be assumed that the oil pump is the problem. It is located inside the engine, the engine has to be partly disassembled to change the oil pump, so this is a job for a garage.

Changing the oil pump usually costs around GBP(###) ###-####

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer Your Experteer

experteer,
Experience: