Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The lights on the steering wheel, parking brake and module

Customer Question

The lights on the steering wheel, parking brake and module stay on after the ignition is off and car is locked. Don't want battery to die, what's causing the problem?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: I bought the car today, just had full MOT last week
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2011 Vauxhall insignia
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking everything is turned off, no lights on nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 2 months ago.

Hiya

This may be normal for the vehicle. A lot of vehicles have the Instrument Cluster lights etc remain on after the vehicle is turned off and locked. These should turn off within a minute or so.

If they fail to turn off and are still on after 5 minutes this would indicate to me that you may have a problem with a Timer Module not shutting off these lights. The Timer Module maybe an individual module or maybe part of another module (e.g. BCM).

Hope this helps

Phillip