Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Vehicle won't start, dash lights on but after turning the

Customer Question

Vehicle won't start, dash lights on but after turning the key all off vauxhall insignia 2011
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '11 Vauxhall?
Customer: 2.0 tdi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to remap it and then I had a fault come up saying serial protection enabled ecu can not be modified.now I can not run any diagnostics on it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician and Garage/MOT centre owner in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Those ECM's have Tuning/Tricore Protection on them.so they cant be remapped via the dlc port/and lock the ECM unless you can bypass the protection chip.which involves having the ECM to be removed from the car and then remap by bypassing the chip on the board and remap using the software KTAG is usually the best version of remapping software..The only way round this is to get the ecm reflashed with the original files.you'll need bosch kts or tech3 vauxhall to do that..

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am unable to read via the obd port now so would I still be able to put original file back on if I get it?
Expert:  Robert replied 14 days ago.

Nope its locked..try going on generic scanner and see if it can still read the ECM..if its not present or not reading..then the ecm is locked out..you'll need to either find someone with tech2 or 3 or someone who has the ability can rewrite the ecm on its own..or the ecm will need to be replaced.