Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Fluid leak underneath offside middle, feels and smells like

Customer Question

fluid leak underneath offside middle
JA: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?
Customer: feels and smells like petrol coming from a cylinder that has a connector on each side
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: corsa sxi 16v 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
colin gray
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

Hi, Colin, I hope you're well. can you take a pic for me of where it's coming from

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
cant do that unfortunately
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

ok I mean pretty much all there is if its fuel that's leaking is the fuel filter itself and it's not unusual for them to rot and leak in the way you are describing.in moist cases replacement of the filter is needed to cure

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 16 days ago.

your very welcome