sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Driver seat won’t tilt forward, 2012 corsa d, We tried to

Customer Question

Driver seat won’t tilt forward
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 2012 corsa d
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We tried to see if the tilt wiring in my car seat broke but I can’t see anything wrong The chair won’t tilt back in place
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: no Could it be one of the fuses that has stopped my drivers chair to not tilt back
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Vauxhall
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Why have u taken 28 pound out fo mybank
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I thought it be a 5 for a question
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m calling my bank
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer if it is possible that the problem is fuses as the electric motor of these seats is protected by a fuse but there is also the possibility that the problem is the engine that moves the seat that has reached the end of its useful life which I recommend you start by checking the fuse box under the dashboard as here are the fuses responsible for the systems of the center console and seats check one by one I will not recommend that you locate one in specific as it is possible that a set of fuses has been burned, if the problem persists we will have to disassemble to get to the electric motor and check if it is working properly the advantage is that these engines can be connected directly to a battery and we can see if they are operating or not you can also check from its connection if it is coming electrical voltage through a multimeter.