Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Local garage has overfilled my Insignia with oil on routine

Customer Question

Local garage has overfilled my Insignia with oil on routine service - about 1" above upper limit on dipstick - do I need to worry - about to drive 600miles - thanks - Stuart
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Stuart Jennings
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Stuart, I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear you've found your oil level to be overfilled and understand exactly how frustrating this can be when recently serviced. Unfortunately, I would recommend that the oil level is corrected before you go on your trip. Having an oil level that is too high can be as bad as having an oil level that's too low and can lead to engine damage

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks that’s what I needed to know
Expert:  Kevin replied 15 days ago.

I'm glad I've been able to assist you today. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!