Malcolm Gillespie
Malcolm Gillespie, Technician
Experience:  City & guilds pt 1 & 2
22484842

Just failed my MOT as my rear fog light on my Vauxhall ASTRA

Just failed my MOT as my rear fog light on my Vauxhall ASTRA VI ESTATE (J) PHASE 1 - 5D 2010-10->2012-06 was faulty.On pressing the switch, the dashboard indicator comes on to show that the rear foglight is operating.I have checked the bulb which is working (switched with the reversing light)I have looked extensively on-line but can't identify a fuse for the rear foglight (f26 in main fuse box is for front fog lights which I don't have)Is there a relay in the load compartment fuse box which controls the fog light? I can't find a list of the relays on this box!I am concerned that this may have been caused when I had a towing hitch added with a towing power socket but I have checked the wiring against the manufacturers instructions and it appears to be correct.No codes are being displayed on the dashboard and a diagnostic check also came up clear.Any assistance would be great as I don't want a hefty garage bill while they trace the wiring loom through the car.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer..I suggest running an earth lead to the fog light to get it working..

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will try that tomorrow and let you know

Ok i will be here.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Tried the earth lead, no joy! In desperation, I went back to where I had the towbar fitted; turned out that when they were refitting the trim in the load space, they crimped the wire to the fog light. All repaired now and MOT passed

Great news..