sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vauxhall vivaro diesel van won't start, braking system fault

Customer Question

Vauxhall vivaro diesel van won't start, braking system fault coming up on dash
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: New battery connections fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: CDTI 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed battery
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The dash has been coming on for a few weeks with braking system warning light it will jump start I've checked brake fluid it's full
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi my name is Lee vauxhall vivaro diesel 2015 CDTI. Braking system fault on dash won't start now, fluid is fine battery is fine
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can't talk on call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you have any solution yet
Dear customer, you seem to be experiencing an emergency mode, have you performed a fault code diagnosis?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The page won't load on email to see what your solution is
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The dash lights up braking system
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would that stop the van from starting
Dear customer effectively an emergency mode can disable the ignition or performance, to avoid further damage, if you consider the first thing to do is to perform a data reset of the error codes from a diagnostic tool.

Dear customer, as a general answer, since you have not answered what I have asked you, I must tell you that when the car does not start and there are indicators related to the braking system, you should check if the failure is related to a problem with the switch on the brake pedal, as it can get stuck, causing us not to be able to start the car. The appropriate thing to do, however, is to carry out a diagnostic check with diagnostic equipment, as when there is an indicator on there is likely to be an associated code, which could help you determine the source of the fault, sometimes even just errors that are stored and trigger emergency modes that can be reset from diagnostic equipment.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian