sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It's just failed an mot on the engine management light is on

Customer Question

It's just failed an mot on the engine management light is on and the car is not talking to him what ever that means
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It's worded electronic stability
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 1.4 vauxhall mariva dy65 orj
JA: What year is your Vauxhall?
Customer: DY65 ORJ
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing it's only just failed the garage said I need a vauxhall specialist
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, could you send me a picture of the indicators on the dashboard?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It's not on all the time and it's not on know

Dear customer, normally the solution is to wash the unit, giving more importance to the region of the wheel arches and the braking system. In case the Electronic Stability Control warning light is still on, we can try to disconnect and clean the brake pedal sensor with extreme care. Similarly, non-activation of the Electronic Stability Control may be due to a partial failure of the brake pedal sensor or the steering wheel rotation monitoring. This is easily remedied by depressing the pedal and moving the steering wheel to the right or left. On some models the problem may be due to an irregular electrical load, so the sensor can only be permanently reset by clearing the fault code from diagnostic equipment.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.