Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Squeaking noise when driving and gets worse when aircon is

Squeaking noise when driving and gets worse when aircon is on , had timing belt change and still no improvement
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 1st timing belt change and squeak/rattle remains
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Corsa 1.2 2010 automatic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it will be a garage , ive just had the timing belt changed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
David
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No

Hi David.

- Are you able to pin point to a certain area on the engine at all?

- The Corsa 1.2 doesn't have a timing belt. its a timing chain. do you mean the auxiliary belt they have changed?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry , they changed the timing chain , im going to check location of noise now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sounds like its near coil pack

Coil pack is in the centre of the head wouldn't be anything in that vicinity would cause a rattle. from my experiance usually this is timing chain related however given that you have had that done.  if your hearing a squealing noise more so if the A/C is on then that means something on the belt is dragging and causing the belt to slip. usually in that case with the belt removed they need to check each pully is free and no signs of binding felt..so things like the A/C compressor, alternator, water pump, belt tensioner all needs to be looked at. Something that should of been done prior to the timing chain renewal