sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Vauxhall antara central locking is working but doors won’t

Customer Question

vauxhall antara central locking is working but doors won’t open fobs working but three doors won’t open
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve had it to an auto electrician he put it on diagnostic machine and still didn’t work
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: alarm keeps going off at random intervals so I disconnected the lead off the battery for 1 hour I put the lead back on and tried the fob the driver door opened the boot opens 2 back doors locked and passenger door locked and won’t open from inside either hope you can help
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer it is curious that there are three doors that do not open, normally this means that the actuators of these doors are defective, but it is very strange that they have been damaged simultaneously, normally one actuator is damaged first and so on several can be damaged in a short time, in my opinion you could be experiencing a problem with the electrical wiring which goes to the doors that are not working correctly, it would be good to check with a tester or multimeter to the actuators of the doors that are not working and check if voltage is reaching them, if not you could be experiencing a problem in the wiring.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.