sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

We had a noise on the car when we put the clutch down. we

Customer Question

we had a noise on the car when we put the clutch down. we had the clutch changed but when the garage went to drive it out there was a banging noise. the flywheel was out of line, replaced it with another one but the noise is still there. what else could it be?
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, do you have any video of this sound?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no sadly i dont. the only way i can describe it is think of the things they use at football grounds, where you spin and that make this clacking sort of sound

Dear customer, did the steering wheel have play before you replaced it?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no. the only issue was when the clutch was used

Dear customer, was the clutch ball joint or clutch fork replaced?

Dear customer, the problem you present is very characteristic of a wear of the clutch or clutch fork, my main advice is to check a new adjustment of the whole system, and to check the tripods and other elements that could generate a sound in this area, although they are usually different causes and problems between failures in the tripods and clutch sometimes to the simple ear it is possible to confuse.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.