Dr. Steven Osborne
Dr. Steven Osborne, Veterinarian
Experience:  20 years of Veterinary Medicine expertise with experience in canine and feline medicine and surgery
31531426

my dog was prescribed 1 300g Antirobe capsule once a day but

my dog was prescribed 1 300g Antirobe capsule once a day but I have accidentally given her another dose this evening. What should I do?

Dr. Steven Osborne :

Hi, I'm Dr Steve. IN some cases I actually prescribe Antirobe to be given twice a day without any adverse effects. Giving a second dose in one day as a one time event shouldn't cause any problems. Can you tell me roughly how much your dog weighs and I will do a calculation to confirm that this is accurate? I will be checking in frequently throughout the day to see your reply.

Customer:

she is 18.35kg

Dr. Steven Osborne :

For a dog that weight the dose is correct and in my experience giving an extra dose should not cause a problem