Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

my Llaso Apso has had a stroke he has gone blind will his sight

my Llaso Apso has had a stroke he has gone blind will his sight return?
Scott Nimmo :

Hello again, my name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

Can you give me a little more information about Kazi's stroke please ... ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kazi had a medium type stroke and went blind immediatley blind/ u ptill

then he was healthy nd active he is 9 years old

Hello again Jean and thanks for the quick reply,

Sorry to hear about Kazi's problems, however I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think ...

1. Strokes in dogs are really little different from what you may know about strokes in humans. Basically each case is different but with some strokes gradually recovery including vision can gradually take place, this can take many months though.

2. There is no possible direct treatment for strokes in the dog but your vet may well have prescribed drugs to help prevent another stroke occurring.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.