Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

my 8 month old puppy ( Cavalier King Charles ) landed funny

my 8 month old puppy ( Cavalier King Charles ) landed funny from the stairs and limping. Looks like he is in pain. Should I take him to vets ?
Welcome and thanks your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Which leg is he limping?
2- Is he bearing weight on the limb?
3- How long has this been going on?
4- Any swelling?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

back right leg. Not sure if bearing weight - my husband called about the incident... This only happened this morning while he was playing with our child and she threw his favourite toy while both on stairs.

Loreta, any lameness of the hind limb that is partial or non weight bearing we need to rule out: A fracture, dislocated hip or a soft tissue (muscle, tendon or ligament) injury. If it's been more than several hours and your husband is seeing no improvement the best option is having him checked by a veterinarian this morning and start him on prescription anti inflammatory and pain medication. In the meantime, rest him; no running or jumping.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome.