How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 32720
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

Good afternoon, i am looking to move to spain from Scotland

Customer Question

Good afternoon, i am looking to move to spain from Scotland early next month and will be taking 2 parrots with us, can you advise on what is required ( Paperwork, Health Checks etc )
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
Because you're moving from one EU country to another, you need to have a veterinary health certificate written at least in Spanish, issued within the past 10 days, and signed and stamped by an Official Vet. (Official Veterinarian (OV) is the term used to describe private practice veterinarians who perform work on behalf of an EU member state. You need only to find an avian-oriented vet (please see here: although membership of the AAV is not required to practice veterinary medicine on birds) who is also an OV. Be sure to check with your airline as well for any specific requirements it may have.