How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. B. Your Own Question
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 22584
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr. B. is online now

my dog has bad breath and some loose teeth. where ca i get

Customer Question

my dog has bad breath and some loose teeth. where ca i get him looked at as i have little money to afford big vet bills'
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I appreciate finances are tough, but I do want to note that there are a ways to get Charlie the treatment he needs. You mentioned that you are on low income and I would just note that if you are also on housing or tax benefits, then he is eligible to be seen by the PDSA (The offer this service and tend to work on a donation system rather then providing a payment system, so you can pay as much as you are able). To find the PDSA nearest to you and check your eligibility, you can check HERE.

If you aren't eligible, there is still hope. I appreciate it would be a wee trek, but if you are local enough to London or Grimsby, then the Blue Cross (HERE) will see animals in his situation and as a charity their services are subsidized significantly. London also has the Battersea Dog and Cat Home who offer low cost clinics for pets and could be an option if you are based in that region.

Finally, if the above aren't options, then I would advise contacting the local RSPCA branch (LINK ). The RSPCA does have some hospitals (ie Salford, London, Birmingham, etc) that they will see animals directly. Still if you are too far from an RSPCA hospital, then some branches can still help subsidize or even cover the costs of getting his treatment. They may even be able to help organize a payment plan and refer you to their contracted vet, who will likely have a contracted price range for their charity.

At the end of the day, we all want what is best for your lad and dental disease can't be left to fester since it would be risking Charlie going off his food due to discomfort and pain. So, do check your eligibility for the PDSA but also consider contacting those other organizations if you don't meet PDSA's requirements to get help for Charlie.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.


If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you! : )