Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

My dog has eaten one slice of malt loaf. Should I be concerned

My dog has eaten one slice of malt loaf. Should I be concerned re currents?
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you give me an idea of how many raisins did one slice have? 2- How much does your dog weigh? 3- How long has it been since he ate it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1- perhaps 1 slice contains 3-4 raisins max.
2- he is 10kg, at 5 months old.
3- it has been approx 15mins.
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Friend, the lowest toxic dose for raisins in dogs is 0.11 oz/kg. This means that a 10 kg dog would need to ingest at least 1.1 oz of raisins to be concern about toxicity. 1 oz of raisin is more less 25 raisins. One slice with 3-4 raisins will not be toxic for your dog, he will be fine. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much. I appricate your help. Excellent service.
Best regards.
You're welcome. :)
Good night.