How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 33307
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now

We are moving to spain on the 10th feb,can we take our budgie

Customer Question

we are moving to spain on the 10th feb,can we take our budgie in the car with us,xx
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about traveling to Spain with your budgies.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 2 years ago.
It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will OPT OUT now so your question is available to other experts when you return online. Thank you for using our website.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. There are no restrictions on bringing birds from one EU country to another. You should have a health certificate issued by your local vet, however, within 5 days of your leaving the UK and it should be not only in English but also in Spanish. You also need to contact the French consulate if you're driving through the tunnel and then through France. You may also need to have the health certificate in French. This information is current as of 2012 and so it's imperative that you contact both the Spanish and French consulates to make sure that regulations haven't changed due to local disease outbreaks that I can't be aware of.