Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Earlier last year, I noticed my little dog Eric (a Yorkie cross)

Earlier last year, I noticed my little dog Eric (a Yorkie cross) had a loose tooth - I clean his teeth every morning with Arm & Hammer Advanced toothpaste for dogs - and took him to the vet. They told me he had a couple of loose teeth and, because I thought it best for him, I gave them permission to remove them. This, of course, involved an anaesthetic. He duly recovered, but I noticed this morning that what looks like the original loose tooth is still there and still loose. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all - he still enjoys his food and has a Dentastix every evening; because of this, I'm inclined to leave well enough alone but would value your opinion.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. In this case, as long as Eric is eating well, comfortable in his mouth, and isn't having any issue with the tooth; it can be left as it is. Of course, we'd want to monitor and if he did have any discomfort, then we'd need to think about having it taken out. (Or if he was under anaesthesia for anything else). Though it is quite possible that if it gets overly loose he may just lose it naturally in time. Though again if it is not causing any problem, we'd not rush to put him through a second anaesthesia to remove this and would just monitor at this stage.Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest. Though I don't like the idea of an anaesthetic, whatever is best for the little fellow is what I'll do. However, I'm relieved you don't think this is necessary at this time. Thank you so much for your help.
You are very welcome, my dear.I completely understand and since it is causing no bother for him, we can just keep an eye and don't need to rush into any further anaesthesias just now.Take care & have a great day,Dr. B.