Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

My Bichon Frise has just eaten i gram of chocolate. she

my Bichon Frise has just eaten i gram of chocolate. she weighs 14lbs. Can you offer any advice?
thank you

Don't give it a second thought. A 14 lb dog would need to ingest ~14 ounces of solid milk chocolate to become intoxicated with the theobromine in chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremors if ingested in significant amount. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.