Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today.
Friend, onion toxicity in dogs is very dependent on the amount of ingestion ingested. So for a 9 kg dog, he would need to ingest at least 46 grams to be concern about toxicity. If he didn't eat the onions highly unlikely for the this to be toxic, no need to be concern he will be fine.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
If he did not eat the onions it will not be toxic. Plus, he would need to eat at least 46 grams to be concern about toxicity.
Please reply if you have additional questions.